Call for Proposals for 2017 Alumni Project: "Cultural Exchange through the Arts"
Funding Opportunity Description
U.S. Embassy Vilnius is pleased to announce an open competition for a small grant to showcase visual and performing arts projects created by Lithuanian artists and performers who have participated in publically or privately funded exchange programs in the United States, including studies at U.S. colleges and universities. In 2017, the U.S. Embassy is proudly celebrating the 25th anniversary of academic, cultural and professional exchange programs between the U.S. and Lithuania. Successful proposals will be part of that public celebration and funded through the U.S. Embassy’s Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
The Embassy will consider proposals from exchange program alumni and/or organizations in which they are involved. The Embassy anticipates funding one or more projects at the level of approximately $5,000 USD. Applications will be accepted from both Lithuanian and American exchange alumni, but projects must feature the work of Lithuanian artists and/or performers who are alumni of exchange programs or studied in the U.S.
The Embassy encourages proposals for arts projects which will:
- celebrate the work of multiple visual and performing artists who have participated in publically or privately funded exchange programs in the United States over the past 25 years;
- demonstrate cultural, educational, and economic ties between the US and Lithuania; and
- promote democratic values, human rights, and an inclusive society.
The U.S. Embassy will accept grant applications until February 3, 2017. Preference will be given to proposals that include collaboration between multiple artists. It may also be a project which is of an interdisciplinary nature. The artwork or performing arts program should be available for a showcase between March 1 and December 31, 2017, although not necessarily for this entire period.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated based on:
- the proposed project’s correspondence with the Embassy’s priority goals;
- the anticipated impact of the program and the audience reached;
- financial feasibility; and
- the availability of funds in the Small Grants Program budget.